Re: Send messages ...

> I'm trying to send a message from the network at my work, and getting these
> errors:
>
> Sending...
> Warning: defvar ignored because starttls-program is let-bound
> Warning: defvar ignored because starttls-extra-args is let-bound
> Opening STARTTLS connection to `mail.messagingengine.com:587'...failed
> byte-code: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
> Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

I think above warnings are due to FLIM's bug.  FLIM's smtp-send-buffer
function let-binds starttls-program and starttls-extra-args before
starttls.el is loaded.  Try below code to avoid warnings (sorry, not
tested), or simply add "(require 'starttls)" in your .wl.

(defadvice smtp-send-buffer (before starttls-fix activate)
  (when smtp-use-starttls
    (require 'starttls)))

But I don't know whether the above code can fix the error.  It seems
that Wanderlust tried to connect using gnutls-cli and failed.  If that
is correct, warnings would have no effect to the result.  Please tell
the result of the below code (evaluate after starttls.el is loaded).

(list
 starttls-use-gnutls
 starttls-gnutls-program
 starttls-extra-arguments
 (executable-find starttls-gnutls-program))

--
Kazuhiro Ito