Re: A problwm with the folder mode

At Sun, 23 Sep 2012 10:48:01 +0200,
David Maus wrote:

> > > (list
> > >  elmo-imap4-default-authenticate-type
> > >  elmo-imap4-default-hierarchy-delimiter
> > >  elmo-imap4-default-port
> > >  elmo-imap4-default-server
> > >  elmo-imap4-default-stream-type
> > >  elmo-imap4-default-user
> > >  (elmo-make-folder "%test"))
> > > (clear "/" 993 "mail.snowmen.se" startssl "andreasda" [elmo-imap4-folder [0 0 0 0 0 0 0] imap4 "%test" "%" nil nil nil nil t nil nil ...])
> >
> > If you do not modify elmo-network-stream-type-alist or
> > elmo-imap4-stream-type-alist's value, your
> > elmo-imap4-default-stream-type is not correctly set.  Try below code.
> >
> > (setq elmo-imap4-default-stream-type 'ssl)
>

> +1 -- starttls is inband-encryption, i.e. inside an insecure
> connection. 993 is IMAPs, secure connection.
>
> I can reproduce the hang if I try to connect to 993 with starttls.

I understand nothing about inband, outband and the like. If the manual could be updated to be readble for someone who like me have very little knowledge of what ssl, startssl, tls and starttls is and how the interact, that would be helpful. In the other case, pointers to tutorials online would be interesting.

I tried to set (setq elmo-imap4-default-stream-type 'ssl) like suggested above and while I can connect to the mail server I get "authetication is failed" messages when I try "m a" regardless of the value of elmo-imap4-default-authenticate-type (I'd like to use GSSAPI, whatever setting that corresponds to).

/andreas