Re: Setting wl-smtp variables in a defun?

At Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:30:40 -0400,
Peter Davis wrote:

> Please excuse my use of GMail. I'm still trying to get two MUAs (Mutt and
> WL) configured on two different systems (Mac Pro at home, MacBook which
> must use different SMTP servers depending on location), so this is the only
> way I *know* the message will get sent. I thought I wrote about this
> yesterday, but I don't see my message anywhere.
>
> I've used emacs for years, but I'm pretty much of a n00b at lisp. I'm
> trying to simplify switch SMTP servers when I move my MacBook around by
> defining two functions: wl-at-work and wl-at-home. They both look sort of
> like this:
>
> […]

Hi Peter,

You have too many parens:

  (defun wl-at-work ()
    "Set SMTP server to ISC internal one"
    (interactive)
    (setq wl-smtp-posting-server "smtp.mycompanyinternal.com")
  )

best, Erik

Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.