Re: Missing emails from Gmail (Some more info)

At Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:04:07 +0300,
mackram@gmail.com wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> After extensive search I have discovered that all the emails that I thought
> to be missing (including the ones I attached) are actually there but they
> are bundled as threads with other messages. So for example I have an email
> I received which has the subject "Happy Birthday". I have someone who
> replied to another email of mine and the subject is "Re: Happy
> Birthday". Although the two emails have nothing in common with each other
> (they are not part of the same thread in Gmail nor do the recipients have
> each other on the email or anything) nevertheless in wl the second message
> appears as a thread in the first. Anyone have any suggestions on this.

Hi Mackram,

I just learned that you can disable this by setting
wl-summary-search-parent-by-subject-regexp to nil. If you have very
large archives of messages, this feature is indeed dangerous, because
it can group unrelated threads.

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.