Re: m f

At Mon, 29 Oct 2012 20:32:50 -0700,
Erik Hetzner wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> At Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:01:32 +0900,
> Randy Bush wrote:
> >

> > aiiii.  serious jet lag here.  sorry.
> >
> > m f runs the command wl-summary-target-mark-forward
> >   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `wl-summary.el'.
> > It is bound to m f, <menu-bar> <Summary> <Mark Operation> <Forward>.
> > (wl-summary-target-mark-forward &optional arg)
>
> Hi Randy,
>
> Works for me. I can mark 3 messages, full screen, only summary buffer
> displayed, and `m f` forwards them all. But they are not “small”
> messages, maybe that is the issue.

I can reproduce a similar error as follows:

 1. Display the summary buffer only
 2. Split window vertically, put some other buffer in the lower window
 3. Resize the upper window, make it as small as possible
 4. mark messages, m f

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Window #<window 54> too small for splitting")
|   signal(error ("Window #<window 54> too small for splitting"))
|   error("Window %s too small for splitting" #<window 54>)
|   ,,,
|   split-window(nil nil)
|   split-window-vertically()
|   wl-draft-create-buffer("/flag:unread/%Inbox:\"dmaus@ictsoc.de\"/clear@mail.xlhost.de:993!" 25396)
`----

What happens in this case is roughly this: WL resizes and splits the
summary window in order to display one of the marked messages (I
assume the first, but didn't check). It then fails to prepare a draft
buffer based on this message because

,----
| wl-draft-reply-buffer-style is a variable defined in `wl-vars.el'.
| Its value is split
`----

And the buffer of the message is still really small.

Could you check if WL fails in the same function
(wl-draft-create-buffer) in your case?

Best,
  -- David
--