Re: Corrupted msgdb??

At Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:42:28 -0600,
Ken Gunderson wrote:

> At Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:03:39 +0900,
> Randy Bush wrote:
> >
> > i have had to abuse elmo about once a year.  he seems to have recovered.
> >
> > randy
> >

> Would you elaborate a bit?  I'm not sure what all is stored in .elmo.

Hi Ken,

I believe that ~/.elmo is primarily a cache. However it also stores
flags for some folder formats that do not support some other storage
mechanism. For example, removing your ~/.elmo directory would remove
read flags on NNTP messages. It also contains the queue for
disconnected operation and sendlog.

It might be possible to only remove the ~/.elmo/cache directory. You
can also move ~/.elmo to ~/.elmo.old and reload WL to see the effect.

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.