wanderlust and mew - which might be best choice for me?

Hello:

No, it's not my intention to start a religious debate. I am, however, having a difficult time finding much of anything about these two mua modes on the net. I have used various gui clients in the past but they seem bent on ever increasing bloat. Nor am I a fan of webmail. Mutt would be my default "go to" TUI based mua but figured I'd investigate mail in emacs. I need to manage multiple IMAP accounts with lots of folders. I store my mail server side so I can access from multiple machines - typically workstations with 24x7 connections. Hence offline imap stores, pop, maildir, usenet, etc. are pretty much not even on my radar. I like my mail in ascii but also need to be able to view html'ized nonsense and open various attachments. My background is as a sysadmin rather than programmer and I don't want to have to become an e/lisp expert just to get my mua configured. I've also only recently switched to emacs so there's still a big learning curve ahead.

Mew appears to be more actively maintained and has better documentation but it also appears that Wanderlust may be preferred of the two. Perhaps because of MH support and allegedly superior IMAP support. Such references are pretty dated, however, so I don't know how relevant to current times. Mew and Wanderlust otherwise appear to be pretty similar and I'd appreciate it if someone would compare and contrast their differences and similarities in the context of my use case.

TIA-- Ken