Re: wanderlust and mew - which might be best choice for me?

At Wed, 09 May 2012 13:56:02 -0600, Ken Gunderson wrote:

I'd go with WL.

It has awesome IMAP support, far better internals than Mew and,
especially, Gnus have (less steep learning curve for new
developers). UI in Mew and WL are alike, and from my POV are worse
than the one used in Gnus, but such is life. WL is superior for
offline usage and is very tolerant to bad uplink like GPRS.

Also this was the only one MUA, which was able to open LKML archive
with 150k+ messages in it without crashing or falling down into
infinite prostration. Best not only among Emacs-based MUAs, but also
Thunderbird, Evolution and the rest of agents I've tried some years
ago being in anguish and despair.

There's no much fuss around WL development, but what would you like to
add more to perfection? :) Well, almost. And WL is maintained to keep
working on current Emacs.

There's also quite a lot of comprehensive guides and howtos on the net
covering even not that simple setups of WL. And there's a mailing list
where you can get answers with 2 weeks lag only :)
--
wbr, Vitaly