Re: How to send MDN?

At Fri, 22 Nov 2013 21:46:50 +0100,
Christian Justen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm troubled with a little problem. I have started using Wanderlust a
> few days ago and I am still amazed about its abilities.
>
> There is one thing though I still have not been able to figure it
> out.  When sending mails I can request a message disposition
> notification (MDN) by adding a "Disposition-Notification-To"
> header. (I am afraid that this is not absolutely in accordance with
> RTF 3798, but surprisingly it works ...)
>
> But I wonder what to do when I receive an email with the sende
> requesting a MDN from me.  I *could* of course send him simply an
> reply to his mail manually.  But that's not really the proper way to
> do, is it?  Is there any way to have Wanderlust ask me if I want to
> send a MDN?
>
> I have tried to add an hook to wl-message-display-internal-hook, which
> checks whether there is an "Disposition-Notification-To" header
> field.  If there is, then the hook prompts me if I would like to send
> an MDN.  And if the answer is yes, it calls wl-draft.  That's where my
> real problems start.  How do I fill the appropriate header fields?
> How do I compose a message which meets the requirements of RFC 3798?
> And how do I automatically switch to the draft buffer?  (At the moment
> after calling the hook the draft buffer is opened, but focus is on the
> message buffer.)
>
> Many thanks for any good ideas!

Hi Christian,

I would check out the wl-template-alist variable and the corresponding
section of the wanderlust manual for setting up the headers and
content. But it looks like there would be a lot to implement there,
with custom mime types and all.

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.