Re: More WL usage questions

Hi Thomas,

At Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:20:08 -0500,
Thomas Narten wrote:

> First, wanderlust totally rocks! The more I'm using it, the more I
> like it...

Glad youʼre happy!

> More things/questions I've run into (in no particular order).
>
> The buffer containing a displayed message appears to be unnamed and
> not available via switch-to-buffer. That means if you move away from
> it, you have to go back to Folder mode and display it. I find that
> inconvenient. I tend to switch back and forth a lot, e.g., if I want
> to cut-and-paste something.
>
> Is there an easy way to switch to the displayed message?

If I understand correctly, you donʼt want to type v in the Summary
buffer to display a message, but would like to be able to switch
directly to the message buffer? I donʼt know a way to do this. In the
past I have used emacs workgroups to keep a window configuration for
WL around with a displayed message.

> My folders are all MH based (one file per message in a directory) and
> being able to switch  between wl and mh is really great. But, if I
> create a new MH folder (or use procmail to do so), how do I get wl to
> find it? In .folders, I have the line:
>
> +/
>
> Which worked great the first time to  initialize things, but how do I
> get wl to rescan everything and find new folders?

To update the folder list, use C-u <RETURN>
(wl-folder-jump-to-current-entity) with your cursor over the +/ access
group in the Folders buffer.

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.