Re: Tracing of SMTP session?

Thank you for your reply!

At Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:10:29 +0900,
Masaru Nomiya wrote:

> > Since a few days I have problems sending emails with attachments (pdf,
> > small ones ~ 1.0M) from another mail address. When I try, emacs
> > hangs. After some minutes I have to press C-g and quit... I have no
> > problems sending attachments from this (gmail) address.
>
> > The problem is that I cannot say where the problem is ... :) I don't
> > know where it hangs. Since I have to C-g no trace of the smtp session
> > is created. I would be nice to have some trace of what is happening
> > and at what point everythings hangs up. Having that information would
> > help to communicate with my sysadmin.
>
> > Is ther a way to get such "trace"?
>
> (setq smtp-debug-info t)

Actually I don't have a variable named like that. Probably you meant
smtpmail-debug-info which is set to true here in my configuration (as
well as smtpmail-debug-verb). But as far as I understand this controls
if debug info is printed in the buffer *trace of SMTP session to
<somewhere>* which in turn is not printed if I have to do C-g.

Any other idea?

Best wishes,

David