store nntp folders as Maildir by default

Hi Guys.

Here a happy wl user for at least three years now. Almost two years
ago. There was splited my single emacs session (daemon), on two
daemons. Why was done that?. The reason is simple wl hangs up my emacs
session for a few seconds when pressing s for
'wl-folder-check-current-entity'. As ths wl
setup include 4 imaps accounts, and almost 30 nntp news sites (thanks
to gwene).

A year ago the 4 imap accounts where moved to offlineimap, wl can
still be used for reading them. So what keeps the second emacs session still
running, the nntp news. If it were possible to store by default this
accounts as maildir. Then a cron could be established to run
'wl-folder-check-current-entity' on the second emacs session every x
minutes, and read still the news on my first emacs session as
maildir. That would be awesome as, when working without X, it is a
little cumbersome to be moving between the two emacs sessions, and do
not even think about copying text to put on an email from the first
session to the second emacs session (acknowledged screen could be helpful on
this, but screen and the emacs keybindings are not friends C-t is
keeped for emacs).

Is It posible to store the nntp accounts as Maildir by default?
Regards,
Andres Ramirez.