Re: Ten years (personally) of WL

At Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:25:46 -0400,
Thomas Narten wrote:

> I too have become a big fan of wanderlust (and it's only been 100
> days!).
>
> However, I think WL could have a much larger fan base if it was easier
> to install and get running. I know of 3 persons who I think I could
> get using it, but the getting started hump seems daunting, and I'm
> hesitant to have people try if it means they spend an hour on
> installation before they can even try it.
>
> […]

Hi Thomas,

Most of the complexity of installing WL is dealing with its extreme
portability (versions of emacs back to 18, an older windows version of
emacs named meadow, etc.) Building an ELPA package for emacs 24 would
probably be pretty easy, and I agree that it would help WL’s
popularity greatly.

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.