Re: Ten years (personally) of WL

At Thu, 17 Apr 2014 20:10:55 -0700,
Erik Hetzner wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Most of the complexity of installing WL is dealing with its extreme
> portability (versions of emacs back to 18, an older windows version of
> emacs named meadow, etc.) Building an ELPA package for emacs 24 would
> probably be pretty easy, and I agree that it would help WLʼs
> popularity greatly.

Hi all,

I have built some beta packages for package.el from the latest github
code. They should work on recent GNU emacs versions (> 23 at least).
If you can try them out and report any bugs, it would be very helpful.
If they work for others, I will make pull requests for the small
changes to the Makefiles to build these, and then try to get them
pushed to ELPA.

These packages can be installed using M-x package-install-file

http://www.e6h.org/tmp/apel-10.8.tar
http://www.e6h.org/tmp/flim-1.14.9.tar
http://www.e6h.org/tmp/semi-1.14.6.tar
http://www.e6h.org/tmp/wanderlust-2.16.0.tar