Re: About Wanderlust threading

> Interesting that you should mention threading, because I, too,
> consider threading to be one area WL leaves wanting.  Not invested any
> in depth study as you have but it always did seem rather lame that,
> e.g. two messages with same subject would be threaded, even if
> otherwise totally unrelated.

Oh, that's easily customisable.  Just do:

  (setq wl-summary-search-parent-by-subject-regexp nil)

> There's more strange threading "features" that I cannot recall off the
> top of my head just now,

Please do tell, I'm interested.

> But now that you've brought it up... it would be much appreciated if
> some elisp guru's out there got this sorted.. :-)

Heh.  It's not the ELisp that's a problem, it's elmo and wl, which
seem designed to handle tens of thousands of messages on a pocket
calculator.  Some of the micro-optimisations are impressive.

(Seriously, though -- I'm sure there's people willing to contribute,
but we need a stable, maintained repository that is regularly pushed
into the package repositories.)

-- Juliusz