Re: About Wanderlust threading

At Mon, 05 May 2014 02:53:27 +0200,
Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

> > Interesting that you should mention threading, because I, too,
> > consider threading to be one area WL leaves wanting.  Not invested any
> > in depth study as you have but it always did seem rather lame that,
> > e.g. two messages with same subject would be threaded, even if
> > otherwise totally unrelated.
>
> Oh, that's easily customisable.  Just do:
>
>   (setq wl-summary-search-parent-by-subject-regexp nil)

Thanks for that.  vi/m guy for 20+ years.  Only been using Emacs for a
couple and don't code e/lisp so it's been.... a journey... ;-P

> > There's more strange threading "features" that I cannot recall off the
> > top of my head just now,
>
> Please do tell, I'm interested.

I'll have to remember to post a follow up as I encounter them, as I've
had threading turned off for those folders.  Could be that I am
mistaken and attributing to wl what may rightly be a problem between
the ears...

> > But now that you've brought it up... it would be much appreciated if
> > some elisp guru's out there got this sorted.. :-)
>
> Heh.  It's not the ELisp that's a problem, it's elmo and wl, which
> seem designed to handle tens of thousands of messages on a pocket
> calculator.  Some of the micro-optimisations are impressive.

True, that.  Wanderlust is by far the most capable mua I've ever used
when it comes to handling high volume.

> (Seriously, though -- I'm sure there's people willing to contribute,
> but we need a stable, maintained repository that is regularly pushed
> into the package repositories.)

I think Erik is pretty close to making this happen, no?

Best-- Ken