Re: recovering unsaved work?

At Wed, 03 Sep 2014 22:12:09 -0400,
Thomas Narten wrote:

> I suspect I know the answer, but thought I'd ask anyway.
>
> If you have made a bunch of folder changes (refile, deletes, etc.) but
> have not executed them via "x", and then have a power failure, all
> your work is lost. Right?
>
> Does wl have some sort of auto save mechanism for checkpointing
> operations that haven't actually been committed?
>
> (Nope, it was not me, but it was someone who is transitioning to wl
> and did exactly the above...)

Hi Thomas,

In this case, yes, the work was lost.

But WL does have a solution to this. You can use “disconnected
operation” to handle queuing work to be done later. When disconnected
mode is on (use M-t to toggle it), even if you have executed a delete
mark, the command is not sent to the server. It will only be sent to
the server when you toggle disconnected operation off using M-t. You
will need to prefetch all the mail you want to read (see
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WlFaq#toc5), but if you find yourself
executing marks often (perhaps because it takes some time for the
execute to finish) this solution might help.

best, Erik
--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.