Re: quickly displaying mime/html messages in browser

At Thu, 04 Sep 2014 10:06:56 -0400,
Thomas Narten wrote:

> One thing I haven't figured out how to do in WL is easily/quickly
> extract the HTML part from a mime message to a file and then open a
> browser window to display it. I.e., do this all with one key stroke.
>
> I've poked around some, but know almost nothing about how WL displays
> mime and the magic that surrounds all that.
>
> I can use extract of course, but it prompts for stuff and I have to
> provide the file name to save the html too. But for some messages,
> using a browser to display the contents just works the best.
>
> I'd be quite happy with a single key stroke that just takes the html
> section of the current message and saves in the equivalent of
> /tmp/foo.html and then directs the browser to open the URL.

Hi Thomas,

Do you use `v` to preview/play the HTML entity? This is what I usually
do.

You could use the following hack to view the HTML from the Summmary
buffer:

(defun egh:wl-summary-view-html ()
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (wl-message-select-buffer wl-message-buffer)
    (let ((done nil)
          (mime-preview-over-to-next-method-alist
           `((wl-original-message-mode .
                                       (lambda ()
                                         (setq done t)))))
          type subtype)
      (while (not done)
        (setq type (cdr (assq 'type (get-text-property (point) 'mime-view-situation))))
        (setq subtype (cdr (assq 'subtype (get-text-property (point) 'mime-view-situation))))
        (if (and (eq type 'text)
                 (eq subtype 'html))
            (progn
              (setq done t)