Re: recovering unsaved work?

Hi Thomas,

At Thu, 04 Sep 2014 09:58:56 -0400,
Thomas Narten wrote:

> > In this case, yes, the work was lost.
> >
> > But WL does have a solution to this. You can use “disconnected
> > operation” to handle queuing work to be done later.
>
> This presumably only is relevant when imap is in use? Or when one is
> disconnected from the network? For MH or Maildir folders, I assume
> refiles and the like are executed immediately even in disconnected
> mode...

I’d never thought about that, but yes, those happen immediately.

> I've stumbled across disconnected mode by accidentally enabling it a
> few times without knowing it, and then having to figure out why mail
> wasn't getting sent... (fixed now, by having the queue folder visible,
> so it's obvious when its non-empty ... and knowing to check there
> first if mail isn't going out....)

Your modeline should display an icon that indicates if disconnected
mode is on.

> BTW, is there (or rather, what is) an easy way to execute all marks
> without having to answer "y" for each folder? I.e., I want the
> equivalent of a version of wl-execute-temp-marks that just assumes "y"
> for all prompts.

I don’t think so, but it would be easy enough to rewrite
wl-execute-temp-marks in your ~/.wl:

(defun wl-execute-temp-marks ()
  "Execute temporary marks in summary buffers."
  (interactive)
  (let ((summaries (wl-collect-summary)))
    (while summaries
      (with-current-buffer (car summaries)
	(wl-summary-exec)   ;; <-- this line changed
	(wl-summary-save-status))
      (setq summaries (cdr summaries)))))

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.