Re: bbdb, encryption

Hi Michael,

I don't have many contacts that utilize GnuPG but for the ones I have
I simply let SEMI decide about the key to use based on the recipient's
mail address and make a deliberate decision whether to use encryption
or not.

Maintaining an association of contact and key id in the addressbook
seems like unnecessary work to me because this association is already
stored in the keyring (at least in my case).

Auto-encrypting messages based on a flag in BBDD might look like a
good idea on the first glance but in my experience it is not worth the
trouble.

To implement it you should look for an appropriate hook in WL and then
decide whether or not to encrypt the mail by reading the recipients
and matching them against the BBDB entries. If the message can be
encrypted to all recipients you toggle encryption and hope for SEMI to
find the keys in the keyring.

Best,
  -- David