Re: WL and org-store-link

Hi,

At Thu, 06 Nov 2014 21:07:21 +1100, Greg Bognar wrote:
> It seems that org-wl is removed from the Debian package of Emacs 24.4.  The
> file was moved to the contrib/ directory of org-mode that is not part of the
> Emacs package.  I don't know whether this affects only Debian.  Maybe the
> contrib/ directory is present in the OS X version?

Well, to be honest I installed org-mode besides the in Emacs included
version. And that one includes contrib/ as well. From my Cask file:

```
(source "e6h" "http://www.e6h.org/packages/";)
(depends-on "org-plus-contrib")
```

I did this because the org-mode version from 24.3 didn't include some
of the features I was looking for.

> From the ORG-NEWS file:
>
>      The rationale for deciding that these files should live in =contrib/=
>      is either because they rely on third-party software that is not
>      included in Emacs, or because they are not targeting a significant
>      user-base.
>
>      [...]
>      - org-wl.el
>
> I'd hate to think that WL users are not a significant user base...

Well, lets be honest: Users doing mail via Emacs are rare, and most of
them use Gnus. So it seems somewhat obvious to me that we are a
minority?

Regards,
--
Christian Kruse