Re: IMAP process hanging Emacs, or just failing

Hi James,

At Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:46:21 +0800,
"James Harkins" <jamshark70@qq.com> wrote:

> I'm sending this from webmail, not wanderlust (as I would prefer),
> because at the moment, wanderlust's attempts to contact the IMAP
> server are doing nothing except causing Emacs to consume 100% CPU on
> one of the cores.

It’s strange to me that this would persist across emacs restarts.

There is some info here about using gdb to debug emacs:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Checklist.html

I’ve never done it, so I can’t say for sure what help it would be, but
there is not a lot else that can be done if you can’t get a standard
emacs backtrace because emacs is in an infinite loop.

best, Erik
--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.