Re: Change ʽAT <date> <USER> wrote:ʼ

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 21:08:43 +0100, Greg Bognar wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:48:26 +0000, John Morris wrote:
> > ...which is bad English.
>
> I absolutely agree.  The bad English is very embarrassing.
>
> > Presumably thereʼs some variable to customise, to change the string placed
> > before the citation when doing reply-with-citation, but I canʼt find
> > it....
>
> AFAIK, there is no variable.  The string is hard-coded in the definition of
> wl-default-draft-cite which is in wl-draft.el.  The workaround I use is to
> put this into my .wl file:

Well the quote above is using your function. Working nicely;
thankyou.

> It would be nice to change the date format, that is to have something like
> "Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:48" instead of "Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:48:26 +0000", but I
> haven't looked into how to do that.  It really should be a variable.

Agreed entirely. It doesnʼt look hard, but really ought to be
controlled by a simple variable.

@Niall

>  There's something suggested here
>  http://dis-dot-dat.blogspot.ie/2010/04/my-wanderlust-setup.html
>  (it's long: look for 'mu-cite') which might be useful.  It's
>  on my list of things to try when I find an idle moment.

Perhaps mu-cite is the way to go; Iʼve also put that in the list of
ʽthings to do at some pointʼ...

Many thanks all for the quick response.

Now, if I could only get mail-aliases working with bbdb3...

Thanks again,

John