Re: [Fwd: Request for Advice on VGRS IDN Announcement]

On Tuesday, Jan 7, 2003, at 16:25 America/Montreal, Patrik Fältström wrote:
Also, note that people like the .NU domain is already doing similar things, so Verisign is by far not the first one. We must to a certain degree accept that the kamel have it's nose in the tent already. The question is whether we can stop it where it is. I hope we can, especially as we have rope already connected to this very specific kamel (which happen to be very very large).
Thanks very much.  I agree with that.

And consistent with my previous comments and the above, discussing the
DNS issues around what .NU (and whoever else) are doing also seems
appropriate content for an IAB Considerations document relating to DNS.
We ought to be producing a *technical* document discussing the set of
related technical issues, IMHO, rather than producing the "Verisign is
evil" document that some here seem to desire.

Ran