Re: privacy

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 08:29:29AM -0800,
 Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com> wrote
 a message of 32 lines which said:

> IMHO, privacy needs to be addressed in a superset of the protocols (epp,
> crisp, whois) and a specific group tasked with that job;

This is very reasonable (sorry for the fine members of the Provreg
group but last-minute attempts to solve a problem as large as the
privacy policies in a few lines of patch to the I-D are quite
laughable).

But such a group already exists: W3C's P3P group. P3P can be used for
more than Web sites and they are willing to do what it needs to extend
their framework to registry privacy policies.