Re: FW: RFC2279 to Standard

On lördag, jan 11, 2003, at 15:38 Europe/Stockholm, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

Paf writes:

The current suggestion is that we say we have only talked
about values up to 10ffff, but implementations should be
prepared on higher values.

This in the security consideration section.

But Ned wrote:

  Actually, I think it is preferable to treat them as
  protocol errors, due to the need for UTF-16 compatibility.

So, is that in conflict then?
Yes, but my information is newer than the one Ned has ;-)

Seriously, when I have the final proposal, I will ensure that both you and Ned (and others) read it carefully to see that everyone is happy.

paf