RE: Fwd: Re: IETF Meetings

> The main cooperating bodies we have are (off the top of my head):
>
> - ITU
Has lots and lots of meetings too.
For subIP area related work, we may try to not conflict
with SG15 meetings, maybe others, but SG15 is most important

For OPS-NM side, maybe we should try to not conflict with SG4.
But I do not remember we have ever had a problem with that yet.

> - IEEE
IEEE has many many meetings.
The ones I worry about are mainly IEEE IMyyyy (yyyy is the year)
and DSOMyyyy (yyyy is the year). Several of the NM folks go there.
These 2 meetings alternate, they are often around our spring
meeting. In fact the upcoming spring meeting was assure to not
conflict with IM2003.

> - W3C
> - 3GPP
> - ICANN
> - The registries
> - a twisty maze of fora, all different....

For subIP space, the OIF and T1X1 meetings may cause conflict too

> Together, I guess these just about cover the calendar. So we
> need also to say WHICH meetings of these fora we need to not
> conflict with.
>
> I turned a bit green with envy when I saw that IEEE schedules
> meetings until the end of 2005.....

It would be nice to have some farther out schedule available.

bert