Re: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

  *>
  *> > The IESG has received a request to consider CR-LDP Extensions for ASON
  *> > <draft-aboulmagd-ccamp-crldp-ason-ext-02.txt> as an Informational RFC.
  *> > This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
  *> > Working Group.
  *>
  *> I have two comments about this draft.
  *>
  *> The first is that the draft calls for assignment of code points for
  *> some new messages, TLVs and status codes.  The draft, however, fails
  *> to say from which spaces these should come (e.g., that to be allocated
  *> by IETF Consensus, First Come First Served, Experimental).  If this is
  *> not specified, then I would suggest that code points from Experimental
  *> spaces be used.
  *>

According to the IANA assignment rules for RSVP values, the only two
options are IETF consensus and FCFS.

  *> If code points are to be allocated from the space to be allocated by
  *> IETF Consensus, I strongly suggest that a *Standards Track* document be
  *> written, with more detail on the messages, especially their processing.

Indeed, that is what "IETF consensus" means, isn't it?

Bob Braden

  *> Also, more detail on what the goal is here, under what circumstances
  *> these messages need to be sent/replied to, etc.
  *>
  *> Kireeti.
  *>
  *>