Re: summery of last call comments on crldp-ason

> can you explain to me in three words what crankback *is* (or point me to a
> relevant description)?

not 3 words, but basically the following quote explains it

5.2.2. Crankback during LSP setup

   Crankback in an area SHOULD always be performed from the upstream ABR
   of that LSP section. The mechanisms defined in section 5.2.1 will be
   used for the setting up of the primary or the backup LSP. If the path
   is not available, the information will be sent to the immediately
   preceding ABR to retry the setup.

   If the node that returns the error is itself an ABR, this node should
   not be tried in the following attempts. Hence, at the preceding ABR the
   routing process will determine a new route after pruning the previously
   selected but unsuccessful ABRs from the computation.

i.e., if a failure happens when setting up a LSP, the setup is restarted
from the previous hop (crank back to the previous hop)

at least that is what I think it means - routing ADs can chime in if that
is not right

Scott

(quote from expired ID draft-venkatachalam-interarea-mpls-te-01.txt)