Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-shah-extreme-eaps-05.txt

On Wednesday, Jan 22, 2003, at 14:49 America/Montreal, Thomas Narten wrote:

This RFC-to-be was submitted to the RFC Editor to be published as
Informational: draft-shah-extreme-eaps-01.txt.
Quick note:

the document contains the wording:

This document is an Internet-Draft and is NOT offered in accordance
with Section 10 of RFC-2026, and the author does not provide the IETF
with any rights other than to publish as an Internet-Draft.

I.e., it would not seem that we have the right to publish as an
RFC.

Is it intended that this document is to be published as an RFC with a
no-derivative rights clause?
Thomas,

The verbage you quote above is standard boilerplate that I copied
from ietf.org, specifically from:
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

The online material at www.ietf.org gives that as 1 of 3 choices that
one must select from. If you find those words confusing, then you all on the
IESG should put new boilerplate out for folks to select from that says
"other than to publish as an Internet-Draft or RFC".

Extreme certainly desires for this to be published by RFC Editor as an
Informational RFC with a no-derivative-rights clause.

Ran
rja@extremenetworks.com