Re: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

Bert,

    My comment had nothing to do with the accuracy of references.
It was in reply to what looks like your comment that exclusion of the
right to produce derivative works is "OK since this is documenting
ITU material".  I thought my point was clear, and apologize for any
confusion it may have caused.

    To repeat, hopefully making it clearer this time: it seems somewhat
of a problem when unrestricted copyright is granted without the right
to produce derivative works. If the intent is to include copies as a
form of derivative work, then there are worse problems.  What is the
intent of the restriction in this draft?

    To further clarify what I meant by derivative works, check out these
public sites:

    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2026.html
    http://rfc.sunsite.dk/rfc/rfc2026.html

These are good examples of what I was talking about as possible
"derivative works".  They are not exact copies, especially in the second
case which includes hyper-links to at least some referenced material (e.g.
- RFC references).

--
Eric Gray