Re: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:18:09 EST, Eric Gray said:

>     I'm not sure why an RFC might be granted perpetual unrestricted
> copyright
> but not allowed in derivative works. Is the intent to include copies as
> derivative
> works?

I think the goal is to prevent the creation of non-canonical versions that
possibly have errata in them.  If I create a derivative work by adding hyperlinks
and the like, and accidentally change a 3 to a 4 or something like that, all
sorts of mischief will result....
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer