FW: Approval of draft-aboulmagd-ccamp-crldp-ason-ext-02.txt

I have checked with the author to make sure he is OK
with the proposed RFC-Editor note as well. He is.

I have also checked with the author if the "no derivative
works" clause was really intended. He has agreed that it
is better to use the same I-D boiler plate as the
other two document (zhi and bala) and has posted so
to RFC-Editor and IESG as well.

So we are now ready to ask IESG-Secretary to send
announcements for
  o LDP and RSVP Extensions for Optical UNI Signaling (Informational)
    <draft-bala-uni-ldp-rsvp-extension>

  o CR-LDP Extensions for ASON (Informational)
    <draft-aboulmagd-ccamp-crldp-ason-ext-02.txt>

The second one needs an RFC-Editor note as below.

I think IANA can now make the RSVP and LDP assignments public
and send an email to Steve Trowbridge, sjtrowbridge@lucent.com
copy Scott and me. Steve is our ITU interface for this.

Bert
------------------------
Background:

We want to make it clear that the purpose of the document is to document
some IANA allocation of code points, and not something which can be
misconstrued as a specification of the protocol.

Notes-for-RFC-Editor:
Change title from

                   CR-LDP Extensions for ASON

   Documentation of IANA assignments for CR-LDP Extensions
       for Automatic Switched Optical Network (ASON)

Add text to the end of the abstract.
So last sentence of abstract:

   (GMPLS) work. This document describes Constraint Route Label
   Distribution Protocol (CR-LDP) extensions for use across ASON
   reference points.

to be replaced with:

   (GMPLS) work. This document describes Constraint Route Label
   Distribution Protocol (CR-LDP) extensions for use across ASON
   reference points for the purpose of the IANA making code point
   assignments.  The protocols that specify the use of these
   extensions are described in ITU-T documents.

Change the last paragraph in the introduction from

   This draft introduces those CR-LDP extensions that are specific to
   ASON. This draft should be considered in junction with RFC 3036 [4],
   RFC 3212 [3], and CR-LDP extensions for GMPLS [5].

   This document introduces those CR-LDP extensions that are specific to
   ASON and requests IANA allocation of code points for these extensions.
   The document does not specify how these extensions are used; that is
   the subject of ITU-T documents G.7713 [2] and G.7713.2 [8].
   This document should be considered in conjunction with RFC 3036 [4],
   RFC 3212 [3], and CR-LDP extensions for GMPLS [5].

In the references section, Change

   6  B. Rajagopalan, User Network Interface (UNI) 1.0 Signaling
      Specification, OIF-UNI-01.1, October 2001.

into

   6  UNI 1.0 Signaling Specification, The Optical Internetworking
      Forum, http://www.oiforum.com/public/UNI_1.0_ia.html

In the references section add a new reference

   8  Distributed Call and Connection Management using GMPLS CR-LDP
      G.7713.3