Re: draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11.txt

Joyce,

two points that the IESG uncovered early in its deliberations:

- Standards-track RFCs do not contain any indication of their standardization level - only the index does that.

- KRE has indicated that he would be satisfied if the appeal resulted in a cycle in grade (to Proposed) rather than an advancement to Draft.

So a publication of the RFC would not foreclose a reclassification to Proposed.

Based on these two points, the IESG deliberately did not send a HOLD to the RFC Editor.

Harald