Re: How to handle Liasons and Input/Output from/to other bodies

I think that perhaps liaison statements need more process, but only some of the time does the buck stop with a WG chair.....

- some liaison statements warrant a thank-you note and nothing else
- some liaison statements warrant a reply
- of those, some can be replied to by the liaison or the AD,
saying "yes, this and this is going on, you need to be aware,
or participate, or we think it's a bad idea, or..."
- some can be replied to by the working group chair, telling
the requester what's going on, and that the WG has been told
the content of the liaison (and usually ignored it.... )
- some require real action to be undertaken by a WG.

I think it's important that we keep track of who's in charge at any given time, and what we think is needed.
It would, in some sense, be logical that in the case where we have a formal liaison to the other organization, the liaison be charged with keeping track - but are the liaisons ready to do that?

Harald