How to handle Liasons and Input/Output from/to other bodies

The discussion on CR-LDP extension for ASON (by
OIF and ITU) I think have uncovered an issue that
we may want to tackle. And that is, that when we
received communications from (for example) ITU SG15
targeted at CCAMP WG, then that is nicely listed on
out liason statements web pages, but we have no process
in place to force the WG to actually handle the
statement and send a response (if such is requested).

I understand that it means extra work (sometimes it
is outside the WG charter, but so are so many individual
I-Ds that get targeted at WGs). Currently it seems
that statements from other bodies are often just put
on the web pages, and that is it.

Can we/do we want to change/add to the process to mandate
that WG chairs handle such statements in time?

Thanks,
Bert