RE: I have heard this a few times now

> >Now... some of that probably has to do with the fact that
> >so much of the Internet indeed runs on PS instead of DS
> >or STD.
> >

> I think that that is indeed the point.  Worse yet, if we get something
> noticeably wrong, often the fix will break compatibility, causing
> serious pushback.

So I think we (IESG most noticably I think) have been going in this
direction over a number of years, but we never sough community
consensus that this was/is indeed the right thing to do.

I we do get community consensus on this, then I would think it
might help/explain/motivate authors/editors/wg-chairs/reviewers
to HELP us all to get better quality in the beginning instead
of getting complaints about us (the IESG as a last resort) to
do so much pushback on PERCEIVED details.

Bert