draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-nonce-04.txt

We are still have to finish review with the WG whether to have this a PS.

We would like the IESG to review as if they would be willing to make
it a PS and we will ask the WG to give a ratification of that position,
but the IESG should also be willing for the document to remain an
Experimental.

Writeup:

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Robust ECN Signaling with Nonces'
<draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-nonce-04.txt> as an [Experimental|Proposed] Standard.
This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Scott Bradner and Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary

This specification describes the ECN-nonce, an optional addition to
Explicit Congestion Notification (RFC 3168) that protects against
accidental or malicious concealment of marked packets from the TCP
sender.  It improves the robustness of congestion control by
preventing receivers from exploiting ECN to gain an unfair share of
network bandwidth.  The ECN-nonce uses the two ECT codepoints in the
ECN field of the IP header, and requires a flag in the TCP header.  It
is computationally efficient for both routers and hosts.

Working Group Summary

The working group supported publishing of this document and the Last
Call discussion of the document raised no issues with the quality
of the document.

Protocol Quality

There are implementations of the nonce algorithm and bits accompanying
the implementations of RFC 3168, the Explicit Congestion Notification Proposed
Standard.   The specification was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin
and Randy Bush.