Re: Status of RADIUS

a metacomment..... something to think about, not something that changes what should be done here.....

We (claim that we) shut down working groups when they're done.
And we don't create working groups until it's clear that something needs to be done.

this means that at any given time, a problem area may or may not have active working groups.
so saying that "we won't consider requirements that don't come from a WG" is not always going to be the best policy.

tangential.... I think the IETF needs some recognizable entities that are able to handle things when a WG isn't "there". And the IESG is not "it".

just a thought.

Harald