Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-smime-hmac-key-wrap - Wrapping an HMAC key with a Triple-DES Key or an AES Key to Proposed Standard

>                     Yes    No-Objection  Discuss *  Abstain
> Thomas Narten       [   ]     [   ]       [  x]      [   ]

This is a pretty weak discuss, I'd be no ob otherwise.

First sentence in abstract doesn't parse. :-(

abstract doesn't pass ID nits.

>    AES-WRAP  Schaad, J., R. Housley, AES Key Wrap Algorithm,
>              draft-ietf-smime-aes-wrap-00.txt.

Bad ID name in normative reference. I guess this supposed to be RFC
3394?

>    2.  Let LKEY = LENGTH || KEY.

is || a well-defined term (it is not defined in this document). I
would assume concatenate is meant.

Presumably all fixable via RFC ed note.

Thomas