Mime and standards tree

Ned,

I misread your document (reading too quickly) - it
looks like a good solution and not layer-9 like.

I think IAB should take a look to assure themselves that
the layers are all technical, but they clearly are.  My comment
was out-of-date.

Something that does come to mind:  are there issues with
adding a new job to the IESG's plate in the problem-statement
era?  I guess public review will bring this out, but maybe you
could have Applications ADs and IAB as the review board?
Vaguely on their liaison front.

Allison