Stuckees and design issues

> Speaking only for myself, it would be easier to survey
> stuckees than trying to envision how many people in the room
> (which may be packed because of tourists), on the mailing
> list (high lurker-to-poster ratio), or even on a variety of
> design teams (if you weren't at the meeting) REALLY care.

A technique I've used with some success in meetings is to ask
for a show of hands of how many people understand or care about
the issue before asking for show of hands on the alternatives.
This depends on the honesty of participants to avoid "ballot-box
stuffing", but for all but truly enormous WGs, I think a chair
can develop a sense of who the regular attendees/participants
are after a few meetings.

Thanks,
--David
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754