Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-nakajima-camellia-02.txt

Dear Steven,

It is my pleasure to inform you that our encryption algorithm Camellia
has been selected by both the EU NESSIE and Japan CRYPTREC projects.
We hope that these endorsements will support publication of
Camellia-related documents as standards track RFCs, as you suggested
below.

Thank you very much for waiting for the outcome of the NESSIE and
CRYPTREC processes before proceeding.

Best regards,
Shiho

* EU NESSIE project *
On February 27, the NESSIE project published a press release on the
announcement of the final selection of crypto algorithms.  Camellia
was selected as a 128-bit block cipher in the NESSIE portfolio of
recommended cryptographic.  For the category of block ciphers, they
selected MISTY1 and Camellia out of 16 submissions and also
recommended the AES. Further information is available at:
http://www.cryptonessie.org.

* Japan CRYPTREC project *
Camellia was included in the list of cryptographic techniques for the
use of Japanese e-Government systems, which was published by Ministry
of Public Management, Home Affairs, Posts and Telecommunications
(MPHPT) and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) on February
20, 2003.  The cryptographic techniques on the said list were selected
based on the evaluation results by the Cryptography Research and
Evaluation Committees (CRYPTREC).

Unfortunately, the press release and the list are published in
Japanese only.
http://www.meti.go.jp/feedback/data/i30220cj.html
http://www.meti.go.jp/feedback/downloadfiles/i30220ej.pdf