Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-pilc-link-design - Advice for Internet Subnetwork Designers to BCP

I do not get to "vote" yet, but I do have two comments on the Security Considerations section.

1. PGP is mentioned in the 3rd paragraph. S/MIME should also be listed. S/MIME is included in every major mail agent (except the one from Qualcomm). While S/MIME suffers from the lack of ubiquitous certificate enrollment, PGP suffers from the lack of integration into mail stream mail agents. In my opinion, either mention both or neither.

2. At least two more items should be added to the number list of "mistakes." The first is replay detection. The second is the use of confidentiality mechanisms without integrity mechanisms.

Russ