Re: limiting reading load

In message <200303061457.h26EvhbS023887@newdev.harvard.edu>, Scott Bradner writ
es:
>> Let me suggest the following algorithm.  We set a cap at, say, 300
>> pages.
>
>how about 300 pages of *new* (or older than 3 months) stuff
>
>i.e. a long document that is returning to deal with some minor issue
>should not be counted against the page limit

I did suggest that returning documents should count "much less"; a
factor of 0 is fine *if* the document is properly marked on the agenda.
That wasn't the case this time with mgc-basic-packages, for example.
It wasn't until after I started rereading it that I began to wonder,
and grepped my archives.  (I don't do well retaining documents that
make my eyes glaze over...)