Comments on ppvpn-framework

Question for Scott, this isn't a returning document?

--------
Overall, this document is not edited well and it's easy to get
lost.   But if we stopped documents because they need a technical
writer, I guess too many would stop.

I've focused my reading on the TSV issues that need review
catching...

4.6.1

   For TCP traffic, L3 PPVPN devices should support Random Early
   Detection (RED) to provide graceful degradation in the event of
   network congestion.

It would be very inappropriate for RED to work on TCP only!  This
must mean Internet traffic.

5.5.2

The document says that it goes with ITU Y.1311.1 in supporting
endpoint markings of DSCP to be preserved and not changed through
the SP network.  This is for genuine discussion:  how do we reconcile
this with the diffserv model?  We are raising two different models in
under the big IETF tent?  It seems potentially damaging to diffserv.

6.10.4 Security Considerations
   If a tunnel traverses multiple SP networks and it passes through an
   unsecured SP, POP, NAP, or IX, then security mechanisms must be
   employed.

This refers to the security requirements for QoS brokering inter-AS,
I believe.  It would be nice if the draft did not present the reader with
this empty statement but had some substantial suggestion about how to
provide an approach to securing the process, for instance by referencing
another part of the document.