RE: Compendium of "red flags"

David writes:
> I like the nit document. It performs a valuable editorial
> function. Having an equivalent in a technical sense would
> be valuable.
>
> I would think there would be area-specific technical nits
> as well as some IETF-wide technical nits.

As an example.

For the OPS Network Management, e.g. MIB documents, we have
created:
    draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines-01.txt
It is not only meant as a "NITS" or "Red flags" doc that MIB
doctors use during there review, but also as an aid for MIB
document writers to do the right thing.

I understand that it adds yet more stuff to the process so to
speak. But the idea is to
- help MIB document writes
- help WG chairs to deliver better MIB docs to their AD
- help to let a MIB doc go faster through the process if
  the guidelines are followed
- help the MIB doctors to be consistent in their review comments
  (if any).

Oh well.. I hope people find it usefull and not yet another burdon.
It is (too) long ... I agree with that...

Bert