RE: Jabber?

Gaim, which is installed by default in current redhat releases, seems to
work mostly. You have to go through the menues to enable the jabber plug-in.
By default, it just does AIM. On my installation, the Yahoo plugin core
dumps with some regularity, but the jabber plugin seems ok. I've heard
varying reports on whether Gaim can be made to join a jabber conference

But why struggle with Jabber when you can dance with something far more
entertaining?

Last meeting, several of the folks were successful at using SIP clients with
Jiri Kuthan and iptel.orgs's Jabber/SIP gateway, which I think they will
probably bring back for this meeting. Jiri's stuff is mostly available at
www.iptel.org, so check it out . . .

--
Dean