Re: address directorate ping

For my own understanding -- _only_ a couple protocol
folk & a couple routing folk, or them and a couple/few
address-allocating technical folk?

Leslie.

Randy Bush wrote:
I just wanted to ping to ask about the status of the address
directorate theory.
do you mean the address allocation directorate, i.e. who helps
on RIR issues?  if so, i could help compose it any time.
That is indeed the one.  As I last heard it, it would live
somewhere between Internet and Ops.  Just let me know where
when it's figured out... :-)
i did not feel we had the mandate to do this.  if i did, it would
already be done and we would be meeting in sf.
I think we're in deadlock. I'm trying to express that I think there is a need/would
like to work with such an entity. I don't have the power to create such an entity or cause it to be created.
So, with that expression of interest, do you need anything
else from my end?

ok, ok.  iesg, you all cool with thomas and i creating an ip
address allocation and administration directorate?  imiho, it would
be rather operationally oriented and filled, with one or two
protocol folk and one or two routing people.

randy

"Reality:
    Yours to discover."
                               -- ThinkingCat