Re: Again no multi6 at IETF#56

On Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003, at 11:23 America/Montreal, Randy Bush wrote:
i am impressed by your approach to technology and engineering. welcome
to the new ietf where we care more about process and politics than protocol
and product. sheesh!
Kindly check in the mirror. It is the IESG members who have turned the IETF
into a world where "process and politics" matter. And one of the chairs
of this WG is in fact an active IESG member, in addition to being co-chair,
though he is not the AD for this area.

to be blunt, where's the protein?
There is a requirements I-D.  Several folks here would like to discuss
that I-D in-person in order to try to work through the details needed
to advance that to RFC.  Said activity is listed in the WG Charter that
was approved by the IESG.

where is any good approach to this problem that does not derive from 8+8?
and where is any progress on 8+8 that has not been stiffled by a middle-school
clique approach to working on it (thanks, ran)?
I'm not aware of anyone doing any collaborative work on 8+8 outside of this
list. And I haven't been aware of any such work since the IRTF NSRG disbanded.
Maybe I'm missing some other data ? Or were you suggesting that discussing topics
that are in-charter for an IRTF RG inside that IRTF RG is "a middle-school
clique approach" ?

Oh, I forgot, the IESG gets spun up about the IRTF because the IESG don't
control the IRTF. My mistake. My apologies for forgetting that being on
the IESG is all about top-down control these days.

If the AD or the WG Co-Chairs want to provide guidance, that would be really
helpful. Blocking WG meetings to discuss topics clearly in-charter without
providing such guidance (what is happening in this WG) is not terribly helpful,
IMHO.

Would you rather take pot shots or provide some help to the WG ?
If the former, it would be more intellectually honest to just shutdown
the WG than to play the political game of blocking in-person meetings.

Ran